Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DGP The Americas A Hemispheric History

What I really found interesting, well I have actually always found it interesting that even though Canada is within the United States, it is separate from the United States.  Yet, Canada is considered more American than the Northern and Southern part of America since that is where Mexico is located.  I just found it odd.  Another thing that I find interesting when I read the packet was that for instance if you were born in North America you would be considered a Norteamericano.  Then there are Canadians, Chicanos, Latinos, Indos, Cacuasians , Angolos, etc.  I understand that there are people from many races that are proud of their culture, which makes it hard for people to refer to themselves as Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment